Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Camping at Iron Mine

We managed to fit in one more camping trip before school starts. We did one night at Iron Mine with Kristal and her family. Linda, Andy and Mindy couldn't go at the last minute. It was raining the whole way there as we were driving, and we weren't sure it was going to get better. Charles put up this tarp for us above the tent. We also put up the easy-up over the picnic table and that helped. After a little while, it quit raining, so we put up the tent and went inside and had a nap.  I had forgotten our sleeping pads (just for me and Mark) so I had bought a blow-up air mattress on the way, and Jared pumped it up with a bike pump while I held onto the valve to keep it open. It was a lot of work!


This tree was great; underneath it was dry all the time, even after two hours of hard rain! We could set up about four chairs under there and Kiersten thought it was a great little hide-out.

2 comments:

Fawn said...

I'm so jealous. We didn't camp once this year, which is a first! Mark looks so thin--and relaxed, hah! It's so beautiful there--even with the rain, what a great memory for you all. It'll make you happy when the dog days of school take over. I'm not looking forward to it!

Lee Starnes said...

Hey what fun! Makes me want to get out with Ric. Maybe when he can walk.