Friday, May 2, 2008

Hope of America!

Tanner's school participates in Hope of America! at the BYU Marriott Center every year. The fourth graders do a dance on the floor, and the fifth graders are in the flag chorus. Tanner was pretty stressed about getting there late this year (we were a little late last year) and so we went early! No traffic, it was great! But we did have to wait about two hours for the show to start! (They were supposed to be there an hour early).


Tanner almost alone on the bleachers! At least I knew where he was...


See what I mean about knowing where he was! This is all fifth graders!


Tanner is right in the center of this photo, the lower of the two white rows, with a blue collar on his shirt.

The best part of the show is the last song. The flag kids have flashlights and they shine all over the stadium; there's also a disco ball effect going on.


5 comments:

Julie M. said...

Your kids are so big! It's fun to see you and be able to check in!! Hopefully we'll see you in August!

Emily S. said...

Those are great photos - I love the one with Tanner almost alone on the benches. Me, being the smart mom that I am - forgot the camera! Well, I guess there's next year...and a few more years in the future.

Anonymous said...

Julie - You will definitely see us in August. School will have already started for us!

Anonymous said...

Emily -For many, many years I forgot the camera...

Fawn said...

This really is so great! How many kids get to do something this big? I'm sure Tanner loved the pictures. Makes your eyes sort of swell with patriotism, pride, and great love for those little kids who grow up tooo fast! Tell him congrats on a job well done! (PS--love the pic of him on the bleachers--too cute.)