
There were ladybugs all over the beach! Apparently this usually happens in April because of warm weather and/or Santa Ana winds blowing them this way. I don't know if they have been here since April, but there are millions of them!
This is the Harry Potter sandcastle that Kiersten and I made. The tallest pointy tower is Dumbledore's office, and in the second picture, the rock on the right is Hagrid's hut, which Dumbledore can reach by just going down those stairs and along the path. You can't see it very well, but on the left of the second picture, that flat area is the Quidditch pitch. There was going to be a lake out by Hagrid's hut, but we were on the dry part of the beach and figured the water would just get absorbed too quickly. Kiersten made the cool doors.
Jared tried to get the kite strings attached properly so we could fly the stunt kite. Here is the result. I am not bitter.
Really. I am not. We (I) spent about five hours total untangling this string (yes, I know we could have just gotten some more, but it was a pride issue). I cannot tell you how satisfying it was when we finally got it all untangled and attached to the kite! We tried to fly it this morning, but the wind wasn't strong enough. I'm sure we'll get another chance before we go home!





No comments:
Post a Comment