I went to "Needles Night" last night with friends from the ward. Paula made this lovely quilt (and a million others). She teaches quilting classes (and 4-H and knitting, etc.) and I love her handwork. I'm starting to notice that the things I'm choosing to photograph also have meaning besides the fact that they are beautiful. This one represents treasured friendships.

4 comments:
Gorgeous! Something that takes so many hours of painstaking labor deserves a close look, don't you think?
I have to admire those who have the patience and talent to make such beautiful things. I don't know why I love quilts, but I do. I still haven't completely given up on doing one someday!
Fawn, when we get caught up with our scrapbooking (haha) we will quilt.
I have always been fascinated with quilting. I've done a few, but would love my life to be in a place where I could do more! This is truly a talent and 'lost art'. Beautiful picture.
Post a Comment